Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birthday Celebrations, Part 1

Nora's 1st birthday! This is the first of many celebrations we have had. To commemorate the occasion, Pop Pop Tom got Nora a gorgeous lemon cake from an Italian bakery. As we carried the cake to the car, my Dad told me that when he was a boy he always had lemon cake for his birthday. 



We all sang Happy Birthday, which Nora just loved! She grinned the entire time. Cousin Madeline helped her to blow out her candle and then we slid the cake in front of her to let her dig in. At first it was just a little finger of frosting.



Which she really liked...



After a little bit of encouragement and assistance, Nora dug right in! She laughed (as did the rest of us!) as she smooshed and smeared the cake. She ate some of it, too. :)


I enjoyed watching Nora experience her first cake much more than I expected to. In fact, I had so much fun that I forgot to take any other pictures. Just Nora and cake! No big family birthday picture. Ugh! I don't even remember snapping this one, but I sure am thankful to whoever took it for us.

Nora's first 1st Birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment