Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mommy Musings

Perhaps this goes without saying, but I am absolutely in love with our sweet daughter. Although Jeff and I had been hoping for and working towards adding to our family for quite a while and imagined the love we would feel for a child, the amount of love I have for Nora is even more than I could have ever expected.

I love having Nora in my lap as she takes her bottle. I love when she twirls my hair or strokes the burp cloth while she drinks. I love watching her explore the world around her. I love it when I get to witness our little girl learning something new. Just last night, after she tipped over while playing (uht oh!), she pushed herself back up into a sitting position. That was the first time I saw her do that. And this week she stood without my support while holding onto her stuffed animal basket.


I love meal time and the look on Nora's face when she tries something new. And the noises she makes when she is really enjoying her meal are so cute. I love seeing her get excited when we look into the mirror and when the dogs come around. She grins and squeals and bounces in her excitement. I love to watch her play with Jeff, giggling while he kisses and gobbles her up. She loves the horseplay that I think father's do best.

I love to see her explore the outdoors while we take walks and play on a blanket in the back yard. And I absolutely love, love, love hearing her babble away, especially when she wakes in the morning. She is so happy when she wakes up! I love laying in bed and listening to her jibber-jabber away in her crib. Lately it sounds like she is singing a bit, as well. Let me tell you, it is adorable.

But what I love the most is our time together when Nora takes her before-bed bottle. After her bottle we cuddle and Nora falls asleep. Most nights I sit and snuggle her sweet little body long after she has begun to doze, letting all of my other responsibilities go. I actually think it is soothing for both of us. I'm going to take advantage of this time before putting her to bed for as long as I possibly can because I know it is finite. I know one day Nora will be more independent and less willing to let Mommy hold onto her. I hope that time is far from now. Until then, my chores, the phone, and even dinner can wait. I'm snuggling with my baby girl.

1 comment: