Friday, July 1, 2011

Family Visit - Part 3

Last weekend Jeff and I packed up the car and headed to Maryland for a baby shower and to visit with Jeff's dad.
If you can believe it, this was my very first baby shower. Although I'm not sure I can capture the entire event, here are some fun tidbits.

Hostesses: My MIL Linda, SIL Cheryl, and bestie Hope
Location: Hope's house
Guests: Family friends, work colleagues, and family
Games: None! Yay! :)
Theme: I'm not a huge theme person, so one wasn't truly incorporated into the day. If you want to press me for one, I'd call it a shower of favorites. The shower had my favorite desserts (rainbow cake and cupcakes from Grauls) and a vegetarian platter from a favorite Mediterranean restaurant, Cafe Isis. There were also orange gerber daisies and purple hydrangeas serving as decorations. I love those flowers and their colors.
Special touch: After each gift was opened, the person who gave the gift shared a piece of advice that she had written on a little card. It was so much fun to hear what everyone had to say. We now have these cards in an album so we can go back and read them as often as wanted (or needed?!?!).

It's clear that Linda, Cheryl, and Hope worked hard to make sure the day was special for me. How lucky am I??

The next day, Jeff and I went to dinner with his dad, Sheldon. Additionally, Cheryl, our nephew and niece Jake and Mckenna, and cousins Linda and Talia were at dinner. We tried a new-to-us restaurant, sat a big table, and pretty much had Sunday dinner. How nice for Sheldon to make it a family affair. It was a great way to end our weekend in Maryland.

1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure -- it was so nice to see you so excited and happy! Baby Girl BH is one lucky little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete